Anti-right click

Monday 11 July 2016

2. Metal Frame and final extraction

11th July (Mon).

I was back at KTPH earlier this morning to get my separators removed and have it replaced with the metal frames which will eventually serve as the anchoring point for my braces.

I was so worried that the separators might get dislodged that I really ate a soft diet the entire week. Thankfully it did not happen and I got it replaced with the metal frames successfully.

After that I proceeded to L6 to have my final extraction. It was about 9.30am and I got called in for the anesthesia soon. The same process again where I had to wait outside for 15mins for it to take complete effect. Yup, not a stranger to this anymore, having gone through it once last week.

I was so happy that this is the last time I am having any extraction (hopefully) for the rest of my life. Did I also mention that I looked up the dentist who extracted my teeth last week and she is actually the Head of Department for Dental Surgery at KTPH?  She was in charge of the extraction this time again (:

When I got home, I immediately changed a fresh set of gauze, the old one was soaked with coagulated blood and saliva. I remembered how the nurse had taught me on folding a gauze properly and did the same thing. Little did I know, I felt an acute pain through the socket and the bleeding began again. Mom passed me a cold glass of water and told me to gargle it to stop the bleeding. Yeah I remember when I was young and did the teeth extraction myself, I did the same thing too.

After a few cups of icy cold water, it did help a little. I then went to snooze for awhile (after the intense loss of blood from the extraction).

When I woke up, it was almost dinner time and the bleeding had almost subsided. I was able to drink and eat soft food normally again.

Can't wait to have my braces fitted on next Mon! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment